La Veta Village: Our Needs
We are starting renovation of the old cheese factory, and will open our Assisted Living Facility in late summer 2021. The Colorado Department of Local Affairs (DOLA) is providing $3.412 million in funding for the facility.
We must raise $400,000 – around 10% of the total project cost.
La Veta Village has already started the Living Facility. We have,
Selected a contractor
Secured a construction review from Huerfano County up to $20k in grants spread over 2019-2022.
Designed 16 suite facility, providing 10 jobs.
DOLA agreements in process
Interior Design completed
Architectural plans completed
Secured Statewide Funding
- $3.412M CO Department of Local Affairs (DOLA) - loan and grant
- $70K NextFifty Initiative grants
- $30K Food Security grants
$25K CO COVID Relief Fund
$5K United Way Pueblo
Obtained Community Support
$368K general support from 60 local donors;
~$20K of in-kind furnishing donations
$20.5K food program support from 65 local donors
We need your help furnishing the facility, we need 18 dining room chairs and 10 end tables, pictured above.
Dining Room Chair: $250
End table: $100
Businesses and individuals can get permanent recognition: Depending on your contribution, we will name a room, or other item, after you or your business
• $30,000+ : Resident and community Activity room, or signage for Community Park in adjoining lots
• $25,000: Kitchen, Living Room, or Dining Room
• $20,000: Music/Library, or Day Room
• $15,000: Guest and staff suites (17 opportunities)
• $10,000: Patio or Office
• $ 5,000: Entry way/hall, Staff area
• $ 1,000: All donors of $1,000+ obtain naming rights to furniture item of your selection, chairs and end tables at this event.
• $ 500: We will recognize all donors who give $500 or more on our donor plaque in the facility
Please follow up by calling 719-742-3510, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure naming privileges are fulfilled.
Benefits of an Assisted Living Facility in La Veta for Huerfano County Health and Well-Being,
Closes gap in care for older adults in Huerfano County:
- Keeps families intact
- Provides option for companionship for older adults who live alone
- Family style living, in town
• Helps County address housing needs for older adults: 16 units
• Benefits for all older adults in County
- Healthy living programs, and enrichment activities for all adults
- Source of information for County and other services for older adults
• Provides 10 permanent jobs
• Construction jobs: provides opportunities for sub contractors during construction & maintenance
• Annual spending > $550,000
• Enhances community by renovating derelict building
Benefits of La Veta Location for Assisted Living Facility residents,
• Downtown location, within 1-2 blocks of amenities
• Grocery and other shops
• Theater & entertainment
• Post office
• Emergency Services
Other ways we were Helping Our Communities in 2018-2020....
• Fed families during COVID. Provided 118 households with free food; >25,000 equivalent meals, >200 grocery deliveries for adults age 60+
• Provided Spring Fire victims with furnishings and clothing
• Educated adults on health
La Veta Village
Our mission is to help Huerfano County aging adults who can no longer live independently, remain as healthy and active as possible in familiar, supportive surroundings in the vibrant community of La Veta. We strive to help all aging adults in the County live healthier and active lives.
During crises, we help aging adults and others in our communities with other essential needs. During the Covid-19 pandemic, we have provided free food boxes to those in need, and grocery shopping and delivery to adults over 60 and other adults at high-risk. We do this in collaboration with SCCOG, Care and Share, and Charlie’s Market.
Please visit our website to learn more, www.lavetavillage.org